Home About Me Clip Art Product doterra doterra

Friday, November 4, 2016

Spookly The Square Pumpkin

This week we read the book "Spookly The Square Pumpkin". 

This book is an amazing book for teaching many different skills. 
I used this book to teach about being unique and shapes



During the week we cut open a pumpkin and looked at the different parts.  We then created and labled our pumpkin on the anchor chart. 

Here is a picture of or pumpkin paintings. 
I let the kids color a piece of paper any color they choose, once the picture was dry they told me what shape their pumpkin was.  We then cut it out and added stems and leaves. 


Our kiddo's also enjoyed creating their own square pumpkin at the art center.



I love to make predictable charts to read durning the week.  
After we tasted pumpkin seed, pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies, I had each child tell me what they liked.



After we have read the chart during the unit, I cut it up and create class books to place in the library.  The kiddos love these books!  At the end of the year I plan to hand these books out to the kids for a keep sake.






These are just a few of the things I was able to snap pictures of.  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment