We spent the week working on proper nouns. Here is a little freebie I made and would like to share. Enjoy!
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Saturday, January 11, 2014
Well it was our first week back to work, along with the opening of CES. For those of you who do not know what that is. . . well it is the biggest trade show in Las Vegas. My husband and I own a business that sets up and booths for people to display their product on. Since it is one of our biggest shows, I always get suckered into helping (my class always gets a goodie for the extra hard work their teacher does). But being a technology junkie it's kinda fun to see a lot of the new products out there. So to say the least it has been a long week with little sleep (I pulled a 19 hour work day yesterday. I taught my kiddo's and then took down and packed 9 booths!) Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what we do!
Saturday, January 4, 2014
I am not sure about your kiddo's but I have a few that can not keep their desks clean. Even after I sit down and clean it out with them, the same papers I placed in their backpack end up back in their desk! So I decided over the break to have the "Desk Fairy" come and visit. So I took the time to draw one up and share with you. Please let me know what you think!
Thursday, January 2, 2014
I have worked so hard creating my blog make over am so excited about the new look. There are so many things I want to add and my goal is one new thing a week!
So to kick of my new design! Don't you just love it? I am going to give away my "Winter and Snowman" Unit.
This unit is a perfect addition to your winter activities. There is no better way to teach about winter and snowmen then by intergrating science with language arts and math. This mini unit includes:Book Choices
4 Season ancher chart
4 Season tree map
Winter 5 Senses
What is snow
Snow tree map
Snowman whole to part
Label a snowman
Snowman tear art
how to build a snowman
How to build a snowman writing sheet
Snowman writing paper
Snowman circle map
Snowman tree map
If I Were a Snowman I would, tree map
Blank tree map
Making words fro the word snowman & record sheets
Build a snowman
Shake and spill
Roll and count
Comprehension tests for "The Biggest, Best Snowman" & "Caps, Hats, Socks & Mittens"
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
I have many things I would like to get under control this year! So I guess my resolution is to gain control over my life.
1. My eating habits, I was diagnosed with food allergies and did really good for about two years, but I have not been eating the way I should for over a year and I sure can feel it!
2. Get our family business even more under control. My husband and I build booths for conventions, yes I teach as well and I have two teenage children. We are a lot more organized then we were a year ago, but there is always room for improvement (I got a neat connect and have started scanning everything I can get my hands on;)
3. Do better at blogging, I am going to start with once a week and hope to move to twice or maybe three times a week.
4. Finish all those great units I have started and never finished so that I can share with you on TPT.
5. Enjoy life, don't sweat the small stuff.
To kick of my blog I will be giving a way $10.00 worth of units from my TPT store to one of my luck first 10 followers.
Happy New Year!!